General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population. Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms. Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization aims to enhance the Employability of the displacement-affected persons is strengthened through skills training and linkages to employment opportunities. In partnership with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and through four training and business development centres in Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Şanlıurfa, and Kilis; Orange provides several counselling, coaching, as well as short- and long-term training opportunities. In addition, Orange conduct market mapping activities to explore available job opportunities and secure job linkage for the targeted beneficiaries. All these activities are being implemented under the Turkey livelihoods project named “Bridges”. The PAS assistant will be line managed by the livelihoods project coordinator and will be responsible for the implementation of HBB programs within Orange’s program framework and in line with Orange’s standards.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- ▪ Cooperate with Counselling Assistants to identify beneficiaries who demonstrate interest and skills in entrepreneurial activities
- ▪ Conduct one-on-one assessments with pre-identified beneficiaries to check their eligibility to the business development skills training.
- ▪ Record beneficiaries’ data and analyse them through the predetermined scoring system.
- ▪ Validate the received beneficiaries’ data by comparing it with the initial data received by counsellor assistants.
- ▪ Contribute to the Selection of the eligible beneficiaries who will be enrolled in the business development skills training and contact them to Join the training.
- ▪ Facilitate the business skills training with eligible beneficiaries and ensure pre-/post-tests and evaluations are completed and results are collected
- ▪ Provide instruction and support to the beneficiaries in order to develop their proposal as well as required language translation.
- ▪ Communicate with the beneficiaries to inform them with the acceptance or rejection of their proposals
- ▪ Follow up with beneficiaries’ productive assets procurement according to the distribution modality in coordination with logistics.
- ▪ Conduct the distribution of productive assets and ensure that all relevant documents are well checked and reviewed according to the agreed Terms of References.
- ▪ Participate in monthly follow-up sessions with beneficiaries of productive assets for 3 months after the distribution, deliver data and report to supervisor.
- ▪ Follow up the beneficiaries work & success after receiving the grants.
- ▪ Provide market integration support linking beneficiaries to clients
- ▪ Engage in outreach activities related to the project (with community members,local NGOs, and private sector contacts)
- ▪ Suggest and discuss new approaches related to skills trainings and entrepreneurship based on the evolving beneficiaries needs.
- ▪ Safely refer protection cases of the Livelihoods beneficiaries to the relevant protection program network, mainly, the protection program of the Danish Refugee Council;
- ▪ Work closely with the monitoring team on the timely monitoring and evaluation relevant components – information, beneficiary selection, beneficiary feedback about activities, etc
- ▪ Business administration, Economics, or relevant field of study.
- ▪ Proven work experience with beneficiaries
- ▪ Strong communication skills, negotiation skills & emotional stability.
- ▪ Good reporting skills;
- ▪ Good analytical skills
- ▪ Good computer skills including MS office.
- ▪ Good English language skills (spoken, written and reading)
- ▪ Hard-working, able to work under pressure &multitasking.
- ▪ Turkish Nationality is required.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- ▪ Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- ▪ Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- ▪ Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- ▪ Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- ▪ Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns. Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. Orange reserves the right to change this document.
How to apply
If you are interested to this position please fill the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter not later than 20-January-2021. Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline.